Sunday, October 10, 2004

Left Maryville this morning after great visit

I didn't want to leave, but....the last day of my visit with Jeff and family came all too soon. We went to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Cades Cove, Port Loudon. We saw the fantastic aquarium, did some horseback riding, went down into a cavern, spent five hours cruising around on a pontoon boat, hiked up winding trails to see waterfalls, and wonderful vistas, ate out a great restaurants, and had a genuine southern turkey deep fry as a grand finale after taking in Tyler's soccer game, and Lora's gymnastics. It was a real treat to see how Maryville celebrates the season with a rustic fall festival, closing down streets in the city, offering games galore for the children, and how everyone gets into the spirit by decorating their businesses and homes with straw-stuffed figures set beside pumpkins and gourds.

Jeff, Britt, Tyler, Lora....a very big THANKYOU!!!!
I hope I have the opportunity show all of you a great time when you return to the West Coast for a visit.

I'll attempt to update this blogsite as I wind my way back home via New Orleans, and a southerly route. Bye for now...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home